Saturday, June 28, 2014

Mother's day card for my friend



I made this card for my friend, who has a very clean and simple style with a little added flair.  Her favorite color is grey, and while I was trying to think of how to make a grey card not boring, I thought... "Hey, I could weave paper, right?" So I did.


I ended up cutting the velum at 1/2", and the patterned paper at 1/4" due to the fact that the end result was going to be a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card.


I covered the four edges of the card base with double-sided tape first, and then used a paper clip to weight down the first strip since I wanted a solid border all around.


Then, I used a small 6" ruler to separate the pieces before I inserted the velum.  This was a lot easier than trying to weave the velum itself, since it's so flimsy.


The end result after weaving.


Then I was faced with the issue of where I was going to put a sentiment, so I made a notched piece of velum that I could sort of weave into the pattern.  I glued the tabs down under the grey paper.


I think the end result turned out pretty cool!  Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment